Wednesday 12 February 2014

Work in Progress Wednesday - Triangles

Hello from a very wet Oxfordshire. Thankfully we are not flooded but many are. I have however found out that the putty in the dining room window leaks. Not sure how I will fix that but I will worry about that when it doesn't pour with rain.
 Last week I could finally start on a new project. Husband chose these fabrics for himself at the fat quarter shop. They were in a fat quarter stack called Garden for Olivia. I can't that stack anymore online but they do still have the fabrics.
 The grey batik check was also chosen by the husband. The pictures aren't too clear.
 The colours do look better in real life. But I have to make do with torrential rain and the design floor, so this is the best it's going to get.
 In the mean time the youngest daughter (nine years old) has decided to make her own quilt.
 I let her have free reign of my fabrics. Well all right almost. Fabrics that were sorted into projects have been banned.
She did all the cutting herself and the sewing and pressing. Not so much the pinning. The pins keep going in wonky into the fabric. She forgets to take the pins out and then hits them with the needle. One sewing machine needle and several pins have been lost this way. I now pin for her. The machine doesn't mind when the pins are straight.

I am linking to Freshly pieced. Hope you all stay safe and dry.

1 comment:

  1. Your husband has a good eye for fabrics and I love the blocks you are making. Congratulations to your daughter! She is doing beautiful work. Her pinning skills will grow, but for now I think you've found an acceptable solution to make your pins & machine happy!! We are expecting a severe snow/ice event this evening and into tomorrow, so are planning a couple of days stitching as long as we keep power.

    ReplyDelete