Friday 7 June 2013

This week's finishes.


This week has been a good week for finishes. There was the new summer dress

Then I made two drawstring bags for my friend's little ballerinas. 

 Their mother chose the fabric. It's suitably pink for her youngest but I think the eldest ballerina was after purple. 
 I got the impression that the older girls at ballet wear purple, so she needed a purple bag. Alas our local haberdashery did not have purple ballet fabric. I have sewn in their name tags, so that should at least help them to pick up the right bag. 
Remember I made a pencil case for daughter 1? Guess what? Daughter 2 needed one too. I do like the little animals she has chosen. Good news, it was from the stash, so fabric reduction is still on track. 
And I made a square pouch for myself. 

Now for boring sewing. Husband has a hole in his trouser pocket...  I have been putting it off. Better fix it.

2 comments:

  1. Great little projects!
    Esther
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bags and pencil cases, I really must have a go at a project with a zip - I've not done one yet! :-)

    ReplyDelete