Wednesday 13 March 2013

Work in progress - Skirt

 Today I was busy making a skirt for the eldest daughter. At 1pm my dinning room table looked like this. Outer skirt was cut but the lining was still just one piece of fabric.
By 5pm I had an almost finished skirt with lining.
Yes, it needs a waistband but that will have to wait till tomorrow. The children need dinner and I need to go to a parent's evening. 

The pattern is McCalls M5696. It comes in six different styles and lots of sizes. I trace the pattern to the size I need. I find this a "sneaky" way of getting the most for my money. This is now the fourth or fifth version of this skirt.

Yesterday I finished this skirt for daughter 2. The girls have very different styles. 

I am linking this to Freshly pieced WIP Wednesday. Now dinner prep. 

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the skirts! I bet it's fun to have girls to sew for!

    ReplyDelete