Thursday 7 February 2013

Liebster Award




Quilts, life and balance "tagged" me. Now I am not usually happy to take part in chain letter type situation but have decided to play along. I mean it is just a bit of fun really. 

Apparently to qualify the blog must have less than 200 followers or must be less than six months old.  Once the award is received you are to write a post and:



  1. List 11 random things about yourself.
  2. Answer 11 questions posed by the nominator.
  3. Choose 11 blogs to pass the award on to and link them to your post.
  4. Create 11 questions for those 11 people to answer.

Here goes:
  1. I am not at all house proud. People think I am kidding when I say this but it's so true.
  2. I have a sweet tooth. I would rather have a dessert than a starter any day.
  3. I don't like red wine. 
  4. I like salty liquorice. 
  5.  My favourite brand of coffee is Douwe Egberts. I like it with lots of warm milk, a bit like a Latte
  6. Italian food is all right but I don't really see what the fuss is about. I am more than happy to eat traditional Dutch food. 
  7. I am a lapsed atheist
  8. I am dyslexic, which is not always helpful when you try to earn a living editing/proof reading ;-)
  9. I met my husband on a blind date. Apparently we had a lot in common because we are both Dutch. (don't you just hate it when it turns out your friends are right?) 
  10. Sometimes I speak the truth when I shouldn't. I am getting better at social lies but still struggle with it. 
  11. Ginger hair is gorgeous. 
Questions from Nominator:
  1. Are you a coffee or tea drinker? Oops I kind of answered that one already. I like coffee better than tea. I do drink tea but normally in the afternoon.
  2. Name one quilt or pattern that is on your "some day" list. I would like to make a swoon quilt. 
  3. Do you live in the city or the country? A town. Not so big but it has shops and a railway station, so it'll do for me. 
  4. What are your 
  5. favourite and least favourite parts of blogging? Tricky. Part of me wants people to read my blogs and part of me feels embarrassed to think that people read my ramblings. Also I am a technical numpty I would like my blog to look more exiting.
  6. Where (sewing room, dining room, etc.) do you sew? Officially I have the spare room as my domain but most often I am downstairs using the dining room table. 
  7. When you are not sewing or working, what activity do you do? Dog walking, child wrangling and a bit of cooking.
  8. Do you sew in the quiet or is a radio or TV playing?  What is it playing? I never have the radio or TV on. I might like the radio on to listen to radio 4 or classic fm but I don't have a radio, so that makes it hard. 
  9. Have you ever been to a quilt convention or retreat and if so, what did you like most about it? I have been to quilt shows does that count? 
  10. Name a historical figure that you admire. Again a difficult question because people are so often flawed but probably Emmeline Pankhurst
  11. Would you rather spend a day at a spa or a day at a fabric store? Fabric store any day. Spas are bit weird to my mind. I went on a spa day with girl friends once and once is enough I think. 
  12. Do you like to ride roller coasters? NO! They scare me. 


I am not even sure I have 11 people to nominate but if anyone who reads this blog feels called upon to take part please let me know in the comments and I will link to your blog. 

My 11 questions are:

  1. Have you been to a Disney world park/resort (whatever they are called) and what do you think of it? 
  2. What is your favourite Looney tunes character and why? 
  3. Starter or pudding? 
  4. What's your favourite ice cream flavour? 
  5. What quilt would you like to make?
  6. Scraps; good or bad? Do you like scrappy quilts or do you prefer to start fresh each quilt?
  7. Do you prefer to buy fabrics in bundles that are pre made or do you like to pick your own. 
  8. What's your favourite book? 
  9. Cats or dogs, which is better? 
  10. Do you have a favourite wadding? 
  11. I know we change our minds but what is current favourite fabric (collection)? 


Hope you enjoy. 

Told you I am a technical numpty. I have just edited to make all the fonts the same size. 


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your award. I enjoy following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing! I liked reading your answers and random things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the awards whne you get some random facts on people! My friends thought my ( then future) husband and I should talk to each other on the basis we are both French. I suppose they were right too!

    ReplyDelete