Wednesday 20 June 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday.

I thought I would share today, so I am linking to Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday. I understand that it's good for the soul sometimes to come clean with what still needs to be finished. I guess Housework doesn't count because somehow that just goes on forever...

This is a new work in progress I have recently started. Well I was so exited to get my AccuQuilt (Did mention husband and parents got one for me? Are you bored yet with me mentioning this in every blog?) I had to start cutting into scrap mountain. This is what I have produced so far. I am quite pleased with it.

Now to come clean about some other projects: I have two other quilt tops I am working on. I have no up to date pictures.

1: Monochrome quilt for my parents. I have made a another 6 or seven blocks for this quilt but I am only about half way. I have to be honest I don't love it. I like colour. My father however wants a "manly" quilt and black and white goes with their black metal bed frame. I tried to point out that white with the three now rather large puppies (they are 11 years old and the other two are almost 8 years old) is not a good choice. I will finish it in time for his birthday. That's my goal.

2: Hexagon quilt a.k.a. "poolside quilt"   This was always going to be a long term project. It's stalled a bit lately as the girls' swimming teacher has gone back to college. On the one had that is a good thing,
on the other the swim school are being useless at helping to find a new teacher.

I am not sure wether to count baby kaleidoscope quilt. I mean the top is finished...

Actually this list doesn't look too bad. Thankfully this is not a list of things I should be doing or have said I will make. That would be much longer.


5 comments:

  1. The act of making a list will help you focus on the projects that are most important to you. I look forward to following your progress on these. The granny squares look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so pretty! I love the idea of making a quilt from scraps. It's almost like a freebie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking of making this granny square quilt, using a couple of charm packs I've had hanging around. I like your idea of a different center block. I've not seen that before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOur Granny square quilt is coming along wonderfully! I love all the fabric combos you have chosen for the squares :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what an accuquilt it....I better go see!
    Quilting and other projects is like housework---never ends. he he

    ReplyDelete