Thursday 19 January 2012

Resolved to sew 2012

pink scrap quilt
 Very Berry Handmade is running a super competition. I thought it could be good to actually write down what I want to do in 2012.
Quilt for niece1
 1. Make quilts for the Aussie cousins. One quilt top is finished, backing has been bought. My mother is finding out what colours the younger ones like and I hope to start on their quilts soon.
summer dress for me
 2. Make a dress for myself. I make lots of dresses for my daughters and will probably do so again this year. They still like flowery dresses and I like making them. I have never made a dress for myself. I have bought the pattern and the material but that is as far as I got. So this year I want to make a dress for me. Fingers crossed it'll look good.
orphan quilt blocks
 3. Think of something to do with the Orphan quilt blocks...
hexagon flowers
4. Work on the hexagon quilt mark 2
5. Finish the man's quilt. I have half the blocks made and the need to get on with the rest. The problem is husband wanted me to use his old shirts. They are mostly blue and checked, so I am a little bored right now.
6. Actually join in with a quilt along not just look at them and think about it.
7. Be more self assured. I can make dresses, I can make quilts. People don't just say they like them to not hurt my feelings.

Now to fit all that in around housework, children, puppy and trying to build up my reputation as a freelance writer of scientific documents. No worries. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment