Tuesday 13 December 2011

Been busy.

I have been busy but probably not as busy as I could have been. Husband had to use up holidays, so I have been busy looking after him. 
Giant coaster

 I have made a large coaster out of the left overs form my mother's place mats. I just need to bind it and it will be a nice surprise Christmas present. 
Daffodil cross stitch
 I was looking for thread in the embroidery basket I have inherited. I found this little kit in the basket. It's tiny little stitches. I have put a 2Euro cent coin next to it for scale. Not sure what I'll do with it. But enjoying making it.
Flower girls
 I have had a go at teaching the daughters how to do blanket stitch. I didn't realise how difficult it is for little sweaty hands to do this. But they did it quite well I think.
 I like these little fairies and I am thinking of getting some white felt and making little angels for the Christmas tree.
Anchor cross stitch kit
 More treasures were found in my rummage through the embroidery basket. I should take a picture of the basket. Note to self.
Man/shirt quilt
Husband had a sulk that he is neglected in the quilt stakes. He wanted a manly quilt though. I was clearing the cupboards to things to the charity shop. I decided that the cuffs were too worn for a lot of his shirts. The charity shops can be quite picky. So the perfect solution a quilt made from his old shirts. I have made 15 blocks so far, 45 to go.

Other than that I have been busy getting the house in order. We need to puppy proof.


No comments:

Post a Comment