Wednesday 21 September 2011

Outside my comfort zone


This block is completely outside my comfort zone. According to my book the pattern is called Railroad Crossing. My youngest chose the colours. I like blues and greens and turquoises. She loves red. Don't get me wrong I like red but not sure how to combine the really bright reds she likes.

The "retro" material is in fact 40 years old. My mother bought it in Amstelveen. She says it's Swiss cotton (Zwitserse katoen). It lay in her cupboard until last year because she too likes red but doesn't know what to do with it. Last year the 4 metres (well some it) she had bought were turned into this by me.
And no, I don't know why she chose to wear a cerise cardigan with it.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty it is too, and the dress and your daughter, hope your sewing machine is ok! Fi

    ReplyDelete